100% Pure & Natural Balsam Peru Essential Oil
Botanical Name: myroxylon perearae
Uses of Balsam Peru Essential Oil
- Combine with a carrier and apply to chest and back while feeling under the weather.
- Diffuse when dealing with stress for a relaxing experience.
- Mix with water and apply topically to scalp to moisturize and soothe dry scalp.
This oil is sourced from
The color of this oil is pale amber to brown, with a viscous liquid consistency.
This base note is rich, sweet, balsamic, and has a ‘vanilla-like’ aroma.
Biological Makeup and Components
benzoic and cinnamic acid, esters such as benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, and cinnamyl cinnamate. The crude balsam contains approximately 50-64% oil, referred to as ‘cinnamein’, and 20-28% resin.
High vacuum dry distillation. Alcohol distillation of the resin of the tree.
Information for Aromatherapists
Balsam Peru essential oil is a base note and blends well with Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Sandalwood, Rose, spices, floral, and oriental bases. Rounds respiratory oils.
- Balsam Peru has been known to be an allergen to certain people.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.